July 17, 2008

=)

I see an image of a scene, millions strong, but I am in it and so can only see perhaps a thousand around me. I don't see any faces, only our actions, one action. Our mouths are open, rapt in praise and singing in one direction. From each of our mouths a stream is going forth and depending on the slight positioning of our aim toward the source, with a slouching hip or pigeon toe to the left or right, our streams collide with one another like headwaters meeting creeks converging as they do to tributaries of greater rivers and greater rives until whole and finally the rushing is one consuming visible wind about us.

This is how I imagine part of the dissolve of our hope to sight, the release of the Holy Spirit as a pledge and power to be with us to an inexpressibly good, different new way of Heaven. But i'm sure it will be different.

No comments: