July 27, 2008

the boring and the miraculous

Things are waning, lady;
Young and yet you're hoaring; baby,
The angels take to soaring; lately
Flying seems a little less than

Miraculous.

You worry I could leave
Like it’s ocean burnt and drowned trees;
When you’re using all you’re energy
To close. Leaving ain’t so

Miraculous.

We've always said
The first step in doing
Something is to do it. Step on out
And don’t not do, do it. It ain’t

Miraculous.

The ebb and flow of love and goings
Something I’ve been hard at knowing;
Moon and sun’s so steady showing,
Burning in the skies; staying so

Miraculous.

Steady as the sky,
ain’t that miraculous.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I hadn't read this. What a beautiful ode to constancy, to the deeper love beneath the honeymoon bliss, less exciting but more important.

I'm really glad to have more of your poetry to read. It's been a tough year. I don't say it's because of you, but it's a strange coincidence that your poems are coming just when I'm blinking in the sunlight, realizing again that the world has color, texture and taste.