February 14, 2008

Fodder

Cry our eyes dry as summer;
Cracks and blisters,
Sufferings in gone fathers,
Blame not sought or not there,
Because we're all aware
We all got burning problems
That in light of the present situation,
Were things that just happened;
And knowledge just dampens;
And objectivity's no solution;
And; And; fodder; father;
Fodder; father. Flame.
And there's no fault for a mother
To get a stepfather
For three young daughters
And a couple of boys,
Especially when he said,

I'm coming to get you,
I've come to refresh you,
I'm coming to pull you up
From the flame.


When he turned out a lair,
That was twice, and it was real hard
To approach a third
Who we couldn't see, saying
Suffer not, daughter,
The worry's only fodder,
Flames'll only get you hotter.
If it's not too much to bother,
There's my bucket and a rain cloud
To quench the suffering burn down,
Coming just as soon
As you get out of the way.

Because, I am coming to get you,
I've come to refresh you,
I am coming to pull you up
From the flame.

No comments: