February 4, 2008

Tartarus Babble


 My troubles? Friend, the world is as big and as small as you allow yourself perspective. Is God God or isn’t he Lord of all, Master over it and Creator of it.

 Are my troubles mountains rising up beyond the height of birds that soar at such great heights. Are my great mountains of burdens and thoughtfulness beyond the heights of even heaven, where some godlike being dwells yet too small, so that they are past the heights of his mere sight. No, they are not. My troubles are not so. My God is not so. God is not so, has not so expressed himself.

 How has he expressed himself? Do I care. Will I respond. Yes or No. These are the real troubles.

 As the tower of Babel rose to its great heights, so are smaller still my problems. The pinnacle of the idolatry i craft in pensive arrogance and supposed confusions, its great height and all its supposed derived perspective is to God something he squints to recognize from the distant heaven’s perspective. And there he croons, “What is this speck he is building,” he says. 
 
 Friend, my troubles are exactly your troubles. --They are small. And worse, they are often other mens before us more genuine than us. And theirs were small in their times. Are we even loftier than they whom we borrow our supposed confusion from, those who laid cornerstones of babble?

 My troubles are as they are and as they’ve been. They are present as existense, as Adam was wrong and as Christ is throned righteously. As the Spirit fights within me to change me, so are my troubles within me fighting the Spirit. When this is known, it is no matter what the character and nature of my humanity, hamartiological propensities, or degree of calvinistic destination. For, it is true and clear biblically that I am to obey and am able to obey --because I am held accountable to do so unquestionably, “even unto bloodshed resisting sin.”

 It is more and more easily clear to me as I am honest, that I am, very simply, my trouble. I am fighting. I am babbling. I am creating heights of thoughtfulness that gain me pithy borrowed perspectives of no sight at all. And I am choosing to do so. This is no excuse. I am wrong and I, very simply, know it.

 Is there such a thing as a carnal Christian or will i burn in Hell? That is a serious question to ask at this time. Ask yourself. Determine yourself if you’d like to answer it with babble over theological impressions from the schools you’ve attended or prayer and pleas to God over verses like James 2 and the book of First John.

 My troubles are those of every man. My troubles are yours. The Spirit is power, God has perspective. God will not tempt you beyond what you are able. Be strong and faithful through your own blood spilt from your hand chopped off. Then continue to be strong and faithful.

No comments: