February 14, 2008

Stating The Obvious

Man, it's a burgeoning spring green out the window in the underbrush of the woods. The elder trees are yet barren, though. No birds, because it's raining today, Resurrection Sunday...

And I hurt. Feels like winter inside, barren and all the rest of the emotions; or like desert, dry boned and thirsty. Where's this new life, new growth, this turnover of the spritual seasons from the death of my fall?

I'm not trying to be coy comparing nature and myself, I could only be so lucky as to follow the Creator as perfectly as His natural world. Clever or coquettish aren't AREN'T ok right now, not when I'm so sure of my position under God when I speak to Him. I am His creature.

That's what I was telling Him a few minutes ago on the porch. Then, the rain stopped. The birds started. I think the trees were lit differently. And there was peace.

Prayer is so important. Today it was resignation. Resignation wasn't really a struggle. Today, it was more like a statement of truth or lifting the hands from my eyes so I saw myself clearly or stating the obvious... you get the point.

I am so awed by my Creaturehood under a Creator that has a relationship with me. What a joy to be known by Him and to know Him, to speak with Him and be heard, to be heard by Him and answered .

No comments: