February 14, 2008

On feeling it tonight.

This bit's a part of a disjunct series of made up situations that i felt. But together they're supposed to mean doing stuff that people see, mostly loud stuff like comedy or exhortation, a lot of times is lonely and people generally don't understand that because it seems to be something very involved; but they're wrong and they don't know and they won't know until they experience it.


I watched the jester fall on his face;
Even gravity was laughing at the man's grace,
But the blood on his arm and the blood on his nose
Got me thinking about how these things go.

I watched him up, up on his knees,
Wipe the blood off his face to his arms on his sleeves.
Then, I watched the crowd, bored with the show,
Leave. And got me thinking about how these things go

Last night I watched the moon and his friends chase the sun
Like a flock of sparrows after a raven.
I watched one of them fall and explode.
That's how I'm thinking about how things go.

Seems all they ever do is forget;
So drunk off the cup of take all you can get;
And stumbling hard but falling slow's
How I'm thinking about how these things go.

And someday all of them'll fall;
And the lonely drops of blood,
Like the writing on the wall,
Will empty their souls,
And they'll know
What it's like
To know
What it's like,
Because they'll know,
Know what it's like
To be alone.

No comments: