February 14, 2008

All is not well at the well

There was one daughter fair 
at the well. In the day light 
a wolf came.
You might recognize the story, 
it goes all the same.
It's no surprise

The whole thing sucks,
thought there was water there;
and nothing of sort,
she's dry and she's speaking out.

At hungry boys come for church-going girls 
when they've finished with the others,
"It's not my fault, born church-going
and pretty, and, today, wanting of a ride.

The whole thing sucks,
thought there'd be water there.
Nothing of sort;
I'm dry & I'm freaking bored.

Smart and pretty, so pretty, 
so pretty much bored,  
from pews that would keep me
to do, do only sitting.
So, I go out instead.

And the whole thing sucks,
thought there was water there.
Nothing of sort,
I'm dry and I'm freaking bored.
So, I'm going out to get wet.

Dogs, no, wolves is how they hunt me,
like a plump little ewe, 
'little you; you're so cute.'
They'd date me, would to rape me
and keep me away, anyway,
way from the pews.

So, I've weighed out the tensions
of heart strings so untaut, 
so untaught
and reason to go to the wolves.

And the whole thing sucks,
thought there was water here.
Nothing of sort,
so dry and so freaking bored.

So, I'm staying out late,
and maybe I'll get laid
or cut open,
but I'm going out, 
out, out, out, 
OUT to get wet!"

No comments: